Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Prayer

When I was a kid I seemed to lose things often. I would look everywhere to find them and I never could. I would end up always going to my mom and asking her if she could find it and she always could. It come to a point when I lost something I would just go to my mom right away. One day I asked her how she could always find the things so quickly when I would look for a long time and never could. She told me that she would turn to God. Before she would start looking she would say a simple prayer and ask God if He would help her find it. I learned a lesson that day, that I could turn to God, my Heavenly Father for everything. Even the small and simple things. I learned that God would answer them through the Holy Ghost.  The Holy Ghost answers my prayers by influencing my mind and feelings. Gives me comfort and peace in hard times and confirms truth to me.


I am so grateful for my mom and the things she taught me. The comfort it gives me to know that in any situation I always have someone to turn to. God will listen to us if we pray to him! He will answer our prayers too!








“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you” Matthew 7:7
“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him” James 1:5

I know that if we ask God, He will answer us. I know that by praying it can help us make decisions, we can receive comfort, and know if things are true. I know that God is our Heavenly Father and that we are all His children and that He loves us! He wants to hear from us in times of need but also in times of happiness. I have faith and because I have faith I act on the things God wants us to do. I know by following God's commandments, even though I don't always understand them, that I will be happier in my life and that I will be able to return to God's presence someday! I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's Church restoredI know that God and His son Jesus Christ appeared to Joesph Smith and called him to be a prophet so he could restore Christ's Church! I know that there is a prophet called of God on the earth today. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet called of God. I know that he receives revelation through God to help us continue down the right path! I know that after I die I will be able to live in the presence of my Heavenly Father with my family for eternity! I love my Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ, my Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment