Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sunrise

"The Savior's Resurrection assures all of us that someday we, too, will follow Him and experience our own resurrection. What peace, what comfort this great gift is which comes through the loving grace of Jesus Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of all mankind."

Every Easter Sunday morning growing up my family would wake up early and go watch the sunrise to remember the resurrection of Jesus Christ. For me Easter wasn't about the Easter bunny and egg hunts, it was about remembering that Jesus Christ made it possible for all of us to be resurrected again. Before Jesus Christ was resurrected, he suffered and atoned for our sins making it possible for us to repent of our sins. Its only through Jesus Christ that we can be cleansed and dwell in the presence of God. (2 Nephi 2:8)

"From the majestic world of spirits we enter the grand stage of life to prove ourselves obedient to all things commanded of God. During mortality we grow from helpless infancy to inquiring childhood and then to reflective maturity. We experience joy and sorrow, fulfillment and disappointment, success and failure. We taste the sweet, yet sample the bitter. This is mortality.
"Then to each life comes the experience known as death. None is exempt. All must pass its portals.
"To most, there is something sinister and mysterious about this unwelcome visitor called death. Perhaps it is a fear of the unknown which causes many to dread its coming. . . .
". . . [The Savior's] words to the grieving Martha and to His disciples today bring comfort to us:
" 'I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
“And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.” (John 11:25-26)
Thomas S. Monson, "Mrs. Patton--the Story Continues," Ensign, Nov. 2007, 22 23


 I know that we are God's children and he loves us! Because our Heavenly Father loves us we can pray to Him and that somehow He hears and answers the prayers of His children. I want you to know that I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God, that He is my Savior. I know that only through Jesus Christ can we be cleansed and return to live in the presence of our Heavenly Father again. (2 Nephi 2:8) I know that Jesus Christ was ressurected making it possible for us to be, and that gives me comfort to know that when someone experience physical death, that it's not the end. I know that I will see that person again. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ.
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I am so thankful for the ressurection of our Savior; without it we would all be hopeless!

    ReplyDelete