Saturday, April 9, 2011

Grasshoppers and Hot Chocolate

The other day when I was at Walmart with my 2 missionary companions I saw grasshopper cookies.I got really excited and started telling them about how I eat them.


First I make hot chocolate, then I take the cookies and bite a little off each end. I then take the cookie and drink the hot chocolate through it, and then put the whole cookie in my mouth and the cookie then just melts in my mouth. It is really good. My one companion thought that it was crazy. I just kept telling her that once she tries it she will find out for herself that it's good. She didn't believe me. Sure enough though when we got home we tried it and she loved it! Then the next day she was trying to convince someone else how good it really was!


 I kind of relate this to my life right now. I spend all my time sharing what I believe to people. A lot of people think right away my religion is crazy because of what other people have said, but they haven't experience it themselves. I know I can't force anyone to believe what I do. That isn't what I am trying to do. I know that my beliefs have helped me overcome many challenges and brought me a lot of happiness in my life. I just want other people to be able to experience the happiness I have in my life. So it's just like the grasshopper cookies and hot chocolate, it seems weird at first until you experience it yourself. I share what I believe with anyone that is willing to listen and then I ask them to experience it themselves by reading scriptures such as The Book of Mormon or The Bible, attending church, keeping God's commandments, and praying to God and asking Him if the things I teach and the Book of Mormon are true. I want everyone to know what I know for themselves because to me its the greatest thing in my life.

1 comment:

  1. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    ReplyDelete