Thursday, April 7, 2011

The things I love to do

Here are some of my favorite things to do!
Spending time with my family

Watching Tv or specifically the superbowl
 
Hanging out with my friends
 
Target shooting

Camping

 I haven't done any of those things for a little over a month.


The reason being is because I made  decision to give them all up and serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints.


Yes it is a sacrifice to not be able to see my family and friends and do those things I love, but I love my Heavenly Father and His son, My Savior, Jesus Christ. My sacrifices don't even compared to the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for us.

Jesus suffered and was crucified for the sins of the world, giving each of God’s children the gift of repentance and forgiveness.

 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
John 3:16

Here is favorite hymn that desribes how I feel:
1. I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
[Chorus]
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
2. I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
3. I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.

I know that Jesus Christ died and atoned for me so I could repent and be forgiven for my sins so I can return back to the presence of my Heavenly Father. I know that there is no other way than through Jesus Christ. I know that the Gospel of Christ has been restored and is on the earth today. I love my Heavenly Father and His son, my Savior, Jesus Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment