Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Enduring to the end!

Everyday I wake up at 6:30am. I try to exercise for 30 minutes. I get ready and eat breakfast for an hour. I study for an hour, and then I study for another hour with my mission companion. We leave our apartment at 10am everyday. We spend all day, rain or shine finding people and teaching people about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We don't go back to our apartment until about 9:30 every night. Most every day is a very long but satisfying day! There are those days though that everything we had scheduled falls through. We try to find other people to teach, and no one is home or everyone we try to talk to say they aren't interested. Days like that can get a little discouraging. I sometimes feel that I am not doing something right or I don't have enough faith for good things to happen. Sometimes I feel like my effort might be lacking. These are the days I feel like just giving up and laying in bed all day. In those times though I remind myself to pray and to read the scriptures.

One day when I was really frustrated I prayed and asked for help to know what to do. A scripture I have read many times before answered my prayers.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

In the scriptures we are taught the things we need to do. When Christ was here on earth he established His Church and taught people the basic principals of having faith, repenting of our sins, following the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by the proper authority, recieving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end



After reading Proverbs 3:5-6 I remembered the enduring to the end. I remember that I can't just give up when I get frustrated or faced with a hard challenage. I need to keep going, I need to trust in God completely and know that if I do the best I can, and acknowledge God in all I do, He will direct me down the right path.

I know that we are all children of God and that He loves us! I know that He will be there to help us if we turn to Him and Trust Him. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that through Christ we can be cleanse of our sins and live in our Heavenly Father's presence again. That through Christ we can feel comfort because He knows exactly how we are feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment