Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Peace of mind and comfort in my heart!

When one not so good thing happens after another,  sometimes life can get discouraging. Sometimes we can have feelings of discouragement, frustration, anger, the attitude of just wanting to give up because you ask yourself what is your purpose? You might feel alone and that no one understands what your going through. Recently I have had some really good moments but also some really discouraging moments. Today I found out some news about a family member that is sick and is basically taking it one day at a time. I sent my wishes that he will start feeling better and got the response that most likely it will just get worse and not better. In the moment it made me sad. All sorts of feelings rushed into me and I was not quite sure what to do or to think. After a  few moments I said a prayer. I instantly received peace of mind and comfort in my heart. Because I know what God, my Heavenly Father's plan is for us.


I know that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me. I know that I am His daughter and that before I come here to earth I lived as a spirit in His presence. I know why I am here.

I know that its only through our Savior, Jesus Christ that we can be cleansed of our sin and return back to our Heavenly Father. Its through Jesus Christ's Atonement that He can help us and give of that comfort because he knows how everything feels.

Alma 7:11-13
11And he shall go forth, suffering pains and aafflictions and btemptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will ctake upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12And he will take upon him adeath, that he may bloose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to csuccor his people according to their infirmities.
13Now the Spirit aknoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the bflesh that he might ctake upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.

Because I know the plan God has for us, that even though someone dies, and yes it is sad, but I am comforted because I know I will be able to see them again and be with my family for eternity if I follow God's commandments now and prepare now to return back to Him.

I love my family so much and I am so grateful that I know that I will be able to be with them even after we die. That we will be able to live in the presence of our Heavenly Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment