Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fasting

The first Sunday of every month- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints have the opportunity to fast. 

Fast -- Fasting, a voluntary abstinence from food, is a principle of the gospel of Jesus Christ for developing spiritual strength.

Alma 17:3--But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and afasting; therefore they had the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation, and when they taught, they taught with bpower and authority of God.

I know for myself that fasting wasn't something I liked doing because I like to eat food and I don't like going without eating it! What can I say, I love food! 

I have made a goal for myself to fast but not to just fast but to fast properly. I know from experience when I fast properly that the experience is much more spiritual and the hunger pains aren't quite as noticeable. I have seen miracles happen because of the power of fasting!

 I would invite all to learn more about how to fast properly so that you all can experience the great blessing from fasting! I would also invite all to fast this Sunday!

Here is an article about:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment