Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas

This Christmas season is the first of many.

My first  and only Christmas as a full-time missionary for the Lord.
My first Christmas in Nashville, Tennessee.
My first Christmas without any of my family.
My first Christmas not buying presents for others.
My first Christmas sending a Christmas card to many people.
My first Christmas that my brother Frank will not be here to celebrate with my family.

As I think about all these different things, some are hard, some are awesome but all of them will be something I will remember forever!

My first  and only Christmas as a full-time missionary for the Lord:
I am so excited that I am a missionary and have the opportunity to testify of Jesus Christ during this wonderful Christmas season! I am so grateful that I get this opportunity to focus on the true meaning of Christmas more than I ever have before.

My first Christmas in Nashville, Tennessee:
Well a year ago I never ever expected to be living in Nashville, Tennessee but here I am and loving it! Its such a different experience than anything I have ever done before. I am so grateful for it because I have met so many wonderful people that I have grown to love so much. So many of these people have taught me so much and have help strengthened my faith in Jesus Christ!

My first Christmas without any of my family:
Well this is one of those harder things. I miss my family so much. Its hard to not be with my family during Christmas time but I am so grateful for my missionary companion, many families and wonderful people that have shown me so much love and have basically welcomed me into their homes and made me feel like family! I know that by making the sacrifice and serving the Lord many blessings will come to my family and those around me.

My first Christmas not buying presents for others:
Since Christmas has gotten so commercialized, I admit I have gotten caught up in making sure I buy some the best presents for people. Even now I will see a toy that I know my nephews or nieces would love and I have to use all my will power to not buy it. I am grateful for this opportunity because I have realized Christmas is about much more than the presents. I have been able to focus more on important gifts that all of us have been given. Jesus Christ suffered and died for us so that we may repent and be cleansed through the power of His Atonement. Jesus Christ was resurrected and so will all of us. We have been given the gift of immortality. And we have been given a way to receive eternal life. I am so grateful for this gifts and for all that my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ has done for me. I am am excited about only focusing on giving gifts back to my Heavenly Father and my Savior this year!

My first Christmas sending a Christmas card to many people:
This was so much fun! Me and my missionary companion took Christmas pictures together! And I was able to write cards to my family and friends that I care so much about and express my love for them. To let them know that I am thinking of them and love them. It was such a simple thing but yet it was so much fun to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment