Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Atonement of Jesus Christ is not just for sinners

[Gethsemane.bmp]“And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

“And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people” (Alma 7:11–12).

In these scriptures is tells us that Jesus Christ took upon Himself  our pains, afflictions, temptations and sicknesses.
The Atonement of Jesus Christ isn't just there for my sins but there to heal me spiritually. As I go through afflictions, as I face temptations, and I am sick I know that I am not alone. I know that Jesus Christ knows how I feel and that through Him I can learn and grow from all the experiences I go through. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ my burdens may be light.

And I will also ease the aburdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as bwitnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their cafflictions. (Mosiah 24:14)

I know that as we turn to Jesus Christ and apply His Atonement into our lives we can be spiritually healed. I know that our life here on earth is when we are suppose to prepare to me God and go through expereiences and learn. I know that it is only through Christ that we can return back to our Heavenly Father.
I know that as we trust in the Lord and follow His commandments we can handle anything. I am so grateful for The Atonement in my life. I am so grateful for the love my Heavenly Father has for me and you, that He sent His son to suffer and die for me and you!

No comments:

Post a Comment